Home Page
Toll Free: 1-888-359-5298
Brodkowitz Law, founded by attorney Alisa Brodkowitz, is a Seattle law firm specializing in plane crash injuries, injuries on flights and wrongful death


Frequently Asked Questions:

Q.           How do I know if I need a lawyer?

A.            If you have been injured by any party other than yourself or your employer, you may have a claim for personal injury. It can be a complicated process to bring an action against a responsible party and it is important to know the laws that govern the action in a particular jurisdiction. Additionally, statistics show that injured people represented by an attorney recover up to three times more for their injuries (pursuant to a 2004 Insurance Research Council Study).

Q.           How much will it cost for an initial appointment and or case evaluation?

A.            We would be happy to meet with you free of charge to hear about your potential case.   During our meeting we will advise of any applicable Statute of Limitations and any other deadlines you need to be aware of when considering bringing action against a party.

Q.           What is the best way to contact you to obtain more information?

A.            You can fill out our “Contact Us” form on this website and one of us will promptly respond and schedule an appointment or answer any questions you might have. You may also call our office at 206-838-7531 and ask to speak with someone about your potential case. You can also email us at the addresses provided under the “Meet Us” page on this website.

Q.           How much will it cost me for your firm to represent me?

A.            At Brodkowitz Law we work on personal injury cases on a Contingent fee basis. What this means to you is that, if we accept your case we will charge a fee based upon a percentage of the recovery obtained either by settlement or jury verdict. If we are unable to recover any money for you from the responsible party, no fee is charged.

Q.           What if I want to bring a claim on behalf of a family member who died?

A.            A person appointed as a “Personal Representative” following the death of a loved one may bring a claim on behalf of surviving family members and or beneficiaries.

 Q.          How is compensation made for my injuries?

A.            Compensation for personal injuries is generally calculated in two ways:

1)            Economic damages. Examples include the amount paid for past and future medical costs and treatment, and past or future loss of wages and or earning capacity.

2)            Non-economic damages. Examples include loss of enjoyment of life, pain, suffering, scars, loss of relationships, etc.           

Q.           I live on the East Coast (or another part of the world), can you still represent me?

A.            Yes, we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you by telephone and discuss your potential case. We have represented clients from all over the US and even in other countries, working with local counsel in the jurisdiction where your action will be brought.


If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us via email or call us at (206) 838-7531.